Easy DIY fixes
When trouble strikes, it’s easy to forget the basics.
Close apps you are not using will free up memory and central processor cycles. In turn, this will speed up computer response time.
Restart. This will clear out digital detritus (such as temporary files) and free up system memory and other resources.
Type your question into a search engine. You might find a quick fix at a user forum or an expert site. In some cases, you can post a problem to get feedback from other users.
If a virus scan is running, pause it until you’re finished working. Scans hog system resources, slowing everything down. Set auto-scans for times you’re not using the computer. Don’t skip antivirus software entirely, because malware can really mess with your system. Also set Windows for automatic updates so that you get the latest security patches.
Need help? CALL US TODAY!
What is IoT?IoT stands for Internet of Things, essentially it’s a phrase used to describe the new generation of “smart” internet connected devices (fridges, toasters, CCTV). Although a lot of IoT devices don’t need to, and most definitely shouldn’t, be connected to the internet, user insist on putting them online without changing the default password provided by the manufacture making them easy pickings for hacker. Is your CCTV or Webcam Watching You ? Are your devices adding to the increasing numbers of the botnet zombie army ? ------------ Need help ----------- CALL US TODAY - We Can Help (443) 646-3362 ------------ Some IoT devices are very useful. Being able to chat to a voice assistant like Google Home and Amazon's Alexa and asking it to turn on the lights or turn on the stove can be useful when your hands are occupied. But there are countless single-purpose internet-connected devices that really overcomplicate relatively simple processes, like IoT crock pots, Bluetooth soccer balls, and internet-connected toilets. Just because we can connect something to the internet doesn't mean we really should, and even when we do, it doesn't always work as advertised. Perhaps not every aspect of suburban life needs to be disrupted.
- AA21-116A: Russian Foreign Intelligence Service (SVR) Cyber Operations: Trends and Best Practices for Network Defenders April 26, 2021
- AA21-110A: Exploitation of Pulse Connect Secure Vulnerabilities April 20, 2021
- AA21-077A: Detecting Post-Compromise Threat Activity Using the CHIRP IOC Detection Tool March 18, 2021
CALL US TODAY (443) 646-3362
Google Reviews5.0Ken Caplan20:03 04 Jun 18Erik repaired my computer last week. He did a phenomenal job in retaining all my files while fixing the virus and installing a new operating system and my computer works as well as the day I originally purchased it. His rates are fair and returned it the same day. Thank you Erik as I will recommend you to anyone needing your service. Ken C June1 2018Linda Harvey14:20 25 May 18One day, I believe, a higher source directed me to call Pikesville PC. Since then, which now has been at least four years, whenever I have computer problems, Erik has fixed the problem and I have been pleased every time. I never had to go back for the same problem or for him to do work on the same computer. Erik not only fix what needs to be fixed but checks any and every thing that makes it run sufficiently is working right. If not, he will let you know if it is going to effect your computer running properly. This last time he has been able to work on my computer from home. It helped not having to take it to him. I felt comfortable with Erik at the helm. Whenever I have computer questions he explains it to me. We call him the Computer King.Chris Patrice01:32 22 Jun 18Erik is very knowledgeable and is very transparent. He will go the extra mile when it comes to repairs. Fair pricing as well. Highly recommended.Michael Weinfield20:18 11 Jun 18Great service Very knowledgeable. May come to your home and repair and once fixed is capable of doing some repairs remotely. Very convenient. Highly recommendHoward Zeiden16:03 14 Jun 18I have worked with PikesvillePC for the past 7 years. I am extremely satisfied with their service, professionalism, and knowledge. I highly recommend PikesvillePC if you are looking for a talented technician.
- Exim Releases Security Update May 7, 2021Original release date: May 7, 2021Exim has released a security update to address multiple vulnerabilities in Exim versions prior to 4.94.2. A remote attacker could exploit some of these vulnerabilities to take control of an affected system. CISA encourages users and administrators to review the Exim 4.94.2 update page and apply the necessary update. CISA […]
- Joint NCSC-CISA-FBI-NSA Cybersecurity Advisory on Russian SVR Activity May 7, 2021Original release date: May 7, 2021CISA has joined with the United Kingdom's National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC), the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), and the National Security Agency (NSA), in releasing a Joint Cybersecurity Advisory on Russian Foreign Intelligence Service (SVR) tactics, techniques, and procedures. Further TTPs associated with SVR cyber actors provides additional details […]
- Cisco Releases Security Updates for Multiple Products May 6, 2021Original release date: May 6, 2021Cisco has released security updates to address vulnerabilities in multiple Cisco products. A remote attacker could exploit some of these vulnerabilities to take control of an affected system. For updates addressing lower severity vulnerabilities, see the Cisco Security Advisories page. CISA encourages users and administrators to review the following Cisco […]
- Mozilla Releases Security Updates for Firefox May 6, 2021Original release date: May 6, 2021Mozilla has released security updates to address vulnerabilities in Firefox. An attacker could exploit these vulnerabilities to take control of an affected system. CISA encourages users and administrators to review the Mozilla Security Advisory for Firefox 88.0.1 and apply the necessary updates. This product is provided subject to this Notification […]
- VMware Releases Security Update May 6, 2021Original release date: May 6, 2021VMware has released a security update to address a vulnerability in VMware vRealize Business for Cloud. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to take control of an affected system. CISA encourages users and administrators to review VMware Security Advisory VMSA-2021-0007 and apply the necessary update. This product is provided […]
- Exim Releases Security Update May 7, 2021
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Privacy ≡ Security ≡ Trust ≡ Freedom Privacy ≡ Privacy is an innate human right, and to retain this right is critical to a free society. Your data is yours. We will not copy nor save any clients personal data … Continue reading
DDoS! It stands for distributed denial of service, a kind of attack that turns insecure, internet-connected devices into a sort of zombie army. So here’s how you can avoid being part of that zombie army.