Easy DIY fixes
When trouble strikes, it’s easy to forget the basics.
Close apps you are not using will free up memory and central processor cycles. In turn, this will speed up computer response time.
Restart. This will clear out digital detritus (such as temporary files) and free up system memory and other resources.
Type your question into a search engine. You might find a quick fix at a user forum or an expert site. In some cases, you can post a problem to get feedback from other users.
If a virus scan is running, pause it until you’re finished working. Scans hog system resources, slowing everything down. Set auto-scans for times you’re not using the computer. Don’t skip antivirus software entirely, because malware can really mess with your system. Also set Windows for automatic updates so that you get the latest security patches.
Need help? CALL US TODAY!
What is IoT?IoT stands for Internet of Things, essentially it’s a phrase used to describe the new generation of “smart” internet connected devices (fridges, toasters, CCTV). Although a lot of IoT devices don’t need to, and most definitely shouldn’t, be connected to the internet, user insist on putting them online without changing the default password provided by the manufacture making them easy pickings for hacker. Is your CCTV or Webcam Watching You ? Are your devices adding to the increasing numbers of the botnet zombie army ? ------------ Need help ----------- CALL US TODAY - We Can Help (443) 646-3362 ------------ Some IoT devices are very useful. Being able to chat to a voice assistant like Google Home and Amazon's Alexa and asking it to turn on the lights or turn on the stove can be useful when your hands are occupied. But there are countless single-purpose internet-connected devices that really overcomplicate relatively simple processes, like IoT crock pots, Bluetooth soccer balls, and internet-connected toilets. Just because we can connect something to the internet doesn't mean we really should, and even when we do, it doesn't always work as advertised. Perhaps not every aspect of suburban life needs to be disrupted.
CISA Cybersecurity Advisories
CALL US TODAY (443) 646-3362
Google Reviews5.0Based on 5 reviews
- CISA Releases One Industrial Control Systems Advisory May 30, 2023CISA released one Industrial Control Systems (ICS) advisory on May 30, 2023. These advisories provide timely information about current security issues, vulnerabilities, and exploits surrounding ICS. ICSA-23-150-01 Advantech WebAccess/SCADA CISA encourages users and administrators to review the newly released ICS advisory for technical details and mitigations.
- CISA Adds One Known Exploited Vulnerability to Catalog May 26, 2023CISA has added one new vulnerability to its Known Exploited Vulnerabilities Catalog, based on evidence of active exploitation. CVE-2023-2868 Barracuda Networks ESG Appliance Improper Input Validation Vulnerability These types of vulnerabilities are frequent attack vectors for malicious cyber actors and pose significant risks to the federal enterprise. Note: To view other newly added vulnerabilities in the catalog, click on […]
- CISA Releases One Industrial Control Systems Advisory May 25, 2023CISA released one Industrial Control Systems (ICS) advisory on May 25, 2023. This advisory provides timely information about current security issues, vulnerabilities, and exploits surrounding ICS. ICSA-23-145-01 Moxa MXsecurity Series CISA encourages users and administrators to review the newly released ICS advisory for technical details and mitigations.
- CISA Warns of Hurricane/Typhoon-Related Scams May 25, 2023CISA urges users to remain on alert for malicious cyber activity following a natural disaster such as a hurricane or typhoon, as attackers target potential disaster victims by leveraging social engineering tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs). Social engineering TTPs include phishing attacks that use email or malicious websites to solicit personal information by posing as […]
- CISA and Partners Release Cybersecurity Advisory Guidance detailing PRC state-sponsored actors evading detection by “Living off the Land” May 24, 2023Today, CISA joined the National Security Agency (NSA), the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), and international partners in releasing a joint cybersecurity advisory highlighting recently discovered activities conducted by a People’s Republic of China (PRC) state-sponsored cyber threat actor. This advisory highlights how PRC cyber actors use techniques called “living off the land” to evade […]
- CISA Releases One Industrial Control Systems Advisory May 30, 2023
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Privacy ≡ Security ≡ Trust ≡ Freedom Privacy ≡ Privacy is an innate human right, and to retain this right is critical to a free society. Your data is yours. We will not copy nor save any clients personal data … Continue reading
DDoS Hack and How Do You Avoid Them?
DDoS! It stands for distributed denial of service, a kind of attack that turns insecure, internet-connected devices into a sort of zombie army. So here’s how you can avoid being part of that zombie army.